Managing a team in the field without the right tools can feel a lot like a game of chance. Missed messages and convoluted communication can take the right people down the wrong path with costly and often dangerous consequences.
From delivering messages safely to drivers on the road to connecting staff with emergency personnel in the event of a disaster, Push-to-Talk (PTT) technology offers businesses a way to connect teams with the information they need – and with one another – at just the right time.
Stronger Communication, Better Workforce Management
AT&T’s Enhanced Push-to-Talk (EPTT) solution takes PTT technology one step further with workforce management capabilities that improve onsite communications. [Read our press release.] AT&T EPTT makes it easy for dispatchers to track geographically-dispersed users from a centralized dashboard — in near real-time — improving communication and collaboration in a reliable, cost-effective way.
For businesses that depend on a well-choreographed field force, comprehensive workforce management is a must. When evaluating push-to-talk technology, consider the following critical questions:
1. How user friendly is the technology?
- Can users easily read missed call alerts and notifications?
- Can they make return calls without unlocking the screen?
2. How easy is integration?
- Does the solution integrate with traditional two-way radios and other PTT systems?
- Can you connect multiple PTT networks for voice communications?
3. How flexible is the solution?
- How well does the technology operate with older systems?
- Is there support for non-cellular and Wi-Fi only devices as well as smartphones?
Putting EPTT into action
Leading businesses have realized efficiency, safety, and productivity gains with AT&T EPTT:
No-delay driving with EPTT
Transportation company Jet Express eliminates delayed messages with EPTT, delivering time-sensitive communications to drivers safely and in compliance with state laws.
Emergency preparedness with EPTT
A San Antonio school district connects administrators and bus drivers with external departments and police to ensure efficient communication in the event of an emergency.
Shoring up logistics with EPTT
SSA Marine uses EPTT to keep longshoreman, technicians, foremen, and port staff in constant contact for enhanced safety.