Have you made your plans for the 2013 AT&T Developer Summit yet? Mark your calendar for the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas on the Saturday, Sunday and Monday just before the Consumer Electronics Show. And this year we have 7 great reasons for developers – especially enterprise developers – to sign up and attend.
1. Three days devoted to developers. Saturday and Sunday, January 5 and 6, are Hackathon days, including an M2M Challenge that will get your enterprise-development imagination going. On Monday, January 7, we’ll have seven different conference tracks running all day long, including one exclusively for enterprise development. We’re expecting over 2,000 developers at this, our seventh annual Developer Summit, and we want you and your team to be among them.
2. Experts, experts, experts. This is an all-hands show, so the managers, directors, vice presidents, executives, and technical leads from the enterprise side of AT&T Advanced Mobility Solutions will be there to present what they know and find out what you want next. I don’t think there’s a more concentrated, efficient way to get solid technical answers and business-improving solutions that you can take back to the office with you.
3. Enterprise track. After the keynote, you’ll be able to attend enterprise-focused sessions all day. We’ll start the track with a video and code crawl through a real-world enterprise mashup of several AT&T services, APIs and platforms. Once your wheels are turning, you can attend sessions on enterprise trends, M2M, cross-carrier messaging, mHealth, cloud-based services and more.
4. Secret weapons. What’s keeping you up at night? Developing enterprise apps? Putting your business in the cloud? Communicating securely with your workforce? Tracking and managing your assets and employees? Mobilizing your workforce? We’ve already done a lot of the heavy lifting for you, so come and learn about AT&T Advanced Mobility Solutions. Then come see our demos in the exhibit area and talk to the experts about how you can take advantage of these technologies.
5. M2M Challenge at the AT&T Summit Hackathon – We’re hosting a challenge in the AT&T Summit Hackathon for M2M application development, complete with Arduino boards, sensors, 3G network, and AT&T M2M Application platform powered by Axeda. You can win $10,000 in prize money for the best M2M application. It is free to register for the Hackathon, so whether you’re a veteran or newbie, this is the best deal on an M2M playground you’ll see for a long time.
6. All of this for $150. That’s right – just $150 for all the connecting, networking, hacking, learning, asking, and what-if-ing you can fit in.
7. And a little bit of fun, too. What kind of developer conference would this be without some kicks? After the sessions on Monday, January 7, join our platinum sponsors at two of the newest clubs in the Palms for food and refreshment, then head to the Rain nightclub for a show by The Killers.
Bring your toughest questions, your biggest ideas, your thorniest technical problems, and your wildest use cases. I will be introducing all of the sessions on the Enterprise track, so come find me and say hello. My job is to find out what you need to build solid enterprise solutions.
What: 2013 AT&T Developer Summit
Where: Palms Casino Resort, Las Vegas
When: Saturday through Monday, January 5-7, 2013. Hackathon Saturday and Sunday, Conference on Monday (keynotes, sessions, exhibit area, entertainment, networking).
How much: $150
Why: To get the inside track on enterprise app development
Stay tuned for more posts about specific sessions in the enterprise track. Meanwhile, what do you want out of the 2013 AT&T Developer Summit? Send me your questions and ideas in the comments below.