Evolve your conferencing style from audio only to an integrated audio, Web, and video conferencing solution. You’ll have a wider array of conferencing tools for more productive conferencing. Expand your business toolkit! You’ll be surprised how much you can accomplish in one meeting. In Transform Your Business with Online Collaboration, the owner of small business, Theodore, has preconceived notions about new technology … until he discovers the power of virtual conferencing!
How Is a Web Conference Better Than an Audi-Only Conference?
- Web conferencing integrates with your calendar. Scheduling a Web conference is as easy as scheduling an audio-only conference, but offers much richer capabilities. As you schedule an audio conference, you can just as easily schedule the conference as a Web conference and have an array of features available for communicating and collaborating. Instead of taking valuable to time to search for a document, and confirm that you’re all looking at the right documents and on the right page, the team can look at the document together in the whiteboard. No more questions like, “Does everybody have the document open?” Do you see…?” The presenter can share a document for all to view in the whiteboard. Everyone can be working on the same page.
Participants can view a document together, make edits real-time, and if desired, go on a Web tour. In a Web conference, listening, writing, or annotating can be done real-time. In addition, cross-functional teams can be brought together to provide helpful input, accelerating the development process.
- You can see the names of the participants and associate a voice with a name. In a Web conference, you have the option of seeing the names of the participants. Some conferencing tools offer a speaker identification feature, such as a microphone appearing next to the name of the active speaker. You can associate a voice with a name. This is especially important for teams that work in separate offices, often in different geographic locations.
- Web conferencing tools can help you communicate non-verbally. In an audio-only conference call, you’re very limited with non-verbal communication tools. In a Web conference, you can indicate that you have a question, without interrupting the flow of the discussion, by clicking on a “raise your hand” icon. Some conferencing tools have icons that allow you to indicate that you’ve stepped away momentarily. You can also send public notes to everyone, or a private note to another participant.
- Video conferencing allows you to build relationships while reducing travel and overall costs. A conferencing solution can provide an array of features for collaborating day to day. Desktop video conferencing offers a richer conferencing option for building relationships. Rather than travelling to meet in person, desktop video conferencing using a simple and inexpensive webcam, allows you to meet virtually, with the ability to see facial expressions and read body language. With desktop video conferencing, you can reduce travel, carbon emissions, and your overall costs.
- Mobile apps for conferencing on the go. Many conferencing solutions have mobile apps so that you can join a conference when you’re away from the office or on the road. The whiteboard feature allows you to be a full participant in the conference, hearing and seeing what’s being presented. When you’re on the road, you can take your conferences “to go!”
- Gather data real-time. In a Web conference, you can conduct polls. A variety of polls are available, such as yes/no, multiple choice, and polls with open-ended questions. You can send a poll to participants, instantly receive their responses, and share the responses with the team. The polling results can be saved in your documents folder.
- Record your conferences. Many conference solutions have recording capability. For later review or for those who cannot attend, you can record your conference and send the conference link to invited participants. You can save the conference in a format such as mp4 for viewing on you PC, Mac, or mobile device.
- Accelerate business processes. Bringing cross-functional teams together to review proposals and make recommendations real-time can speed up development, accelerate decision making, and offer the possibility of bringing a product to market more quickly. Teams can be brought together to refine or recalibrate a strategy as easily as sending an email or as simply as sending an instant message with your conference link.
- Conference almost anytime, anywhere in today’s work-anywhere world. Our colleagues work in the office, at home, on the road, and in other continents. The rapidly evolving technology for improved communication and collaboration across many devices, and the increasing demands on our time, necessitate the need to work smarter through time saving, integrated, IP technologies. Work nimbly with as rich an array of collaboration tools as possible, all within a single interface, increasing your productivity and reducing your overall costs.
Watch a team create a fictional game Bugz, using the rich collaborative features that are available with Web conferencing. This team works side by side, although team members are geographically far and wide.