IT leaders are juggling the twin responsibilities of reducing the cost of IT infrastructure while delivering innovation. But rather than conflicting, these demands are, in fact, complementary in the pursuit of transforming the role of IT from a cost center to a valued partner. As a result, IT success is increasingly about how technology is delivered, and how well the IT organization meets and advances the business needs of the enterprise.
This revealing issue paper from Nemertes Research:
- Profiles enterprise IT culture against four distinct types
- Benchmarks how rather than what technology is typically deployed
- Offers guidance on how to evaluate your own operating model as the first step towards transformation
- Examines how you can build bridges to lines of business
- Points to potential sources of support in the form of managed, hosted and cloud services
Read the report to discover how, by unshackling itself from the cost-based delivery of technology and the shift towards delivering IT-enabled business solutions, the IT department can transform itself into an innovator and strategic advisor.
When organizations treat IT as a strategic investment rather than a cost center, they are significantly more successful...