Money loves speed. In business today, getting access to and utilizing important business information faster than the competition can make the difference between success and failure. It is vital for successful businesses today to locate people and information without logging into and out of multiple systems. The business which can get the information faster, through one unified dashboard and through wired or wireless devices, can have a significant advantage.
A new AT&T solution is now in place to help businesses. It utilizes a Unified Communications (UC) and IP (Internet Protocol) structure with a per-seat, per-month fee through the cloud. Of course, your IT department will like this because they can support new services without having to force-fit more servers into your data center.
But the winners here will also be line-of-business managers, employees and mobile workers because the new UC services can make it easier for them to do the things they do everyday. With one place to go for multiple types of interactions, it can be much faster to find information and people to get the job done. For example, you can:
- Reduce phone tag. A single phone number can ring on both mobile devices and desk phones.
- Check a single voicemail box. Combine voice messages from office and mobile phones in one place.
- View the presence status of key decision makers. See where they are and if they’re available to respond to a problem or an opportunity.
- Bring people together in a web conference. Collaborate in real-time and save on travel costs.
- Keep approvals on track. Automatic notifications can “ping” people when approvals are pending.
- Escalate issues. Have an IM chat with an expert during a customer call, and then start an audio conference between them to solve a problem.
If you want to learn more about AT&T UC Services, we have an on-line resource for you called the UC zone. Hope to see you there.